240cm - 455cm Christmas Trees
Make a big impression with a 270-cm Christmas tree from Balsam Hill. A tree of this height is a magnificent addition to rooms with higher-than-average ceilings. It’s ideal for two-story living rooms, open areas, or indoor spaces with vaulted ceilings. We have a wide selection of tall trees to suit your available space and decorating style.
How Do I Choose the Right Size Christmas Tree?
There are several factors to consider when choosing the right size Christmas tree for your home. Here’s a quick guide to help you determine whether you should get a 300-cm Christmas tree, something taller, or something smaller.
1. Choose a Location
Pick an area where your Christmas tree will be visible from multiple angles. Here are some of the most common locations you can use to showcase your tree:
- Foyer – Welcome guests with a beautiful tree that’s visible right when they enter your home. Our 240-cm Christmas tree decorated with themed ornament sets would make a spectacular centrepiece for your foyer or entrance hall. A slim Christmas tree would also look fantastic placed next to your entryway console table or by the corner of your staircase landing.
- Living room – There is no better place to display a large Christmas tree than the room where everyone gathers to open gifts. Choose a 270-cm Christmas tree—or taller like a pre-lit 300-cm Christmas tree—to take the centre stage and let the lights create a more festive ambience.
- By the windows – Homes with high ceilings and wide windows allow plenty of light to showcase the natural silhouette of your tree. Place a 240-cm Christmas tree or a slim 270-cm Christmas tree beside a window to allow space for presents without having to rearrange too much of your furniture.
2. Measure Your Space
Using a measuring tape and step ladder, measure the distance between your ceiling and the floor. Subtract 30 centimetres from your ceiling height if you’re using a tree topper, and 15 centimetres if not. The difference is the maximum height we recommend for your Christmas tree including the tree stand.
3. Find the Perfect Christmas Tree Size
Here are our recommendations:
- Under 180-cm Christmas trees – Tabletops, bedrooms, kid’s rooms, and secondary spaces
- 180 to 205-cm Christmas trees – Areas with low ceilings
- 210 to 230-cm Christmas trees – Standard 240- to 270-centimetre ceilings
- 240 to 7455-cm Christmas trees – Rooms with high ceilings
How Much Does a 270-cm Christmas Tree Weigh?
The weight of our artificial trees varies depending on their shape, size, needle type, and extra features. For example, a standard 270-ft LED Christmas tree can weigh from 27 to 50 kilograms or more. The wider the tree diameter and the more realistic the foliage, the heavier the tree. 270-cm pre-lit Christmas trees will also weigh more than unlit ones due to the addition of light strings.
If you’re concerned about assembly, consider Balsam Hill’s exclusive Flip Trees®. These innovative trees reduce the time and effort needed to set up your display. All you need to do is lock the wheels in place, flip the base, and attach the top section/s of the tree. Pre-lit Flip Trees also come with our Easy Plug® technology, where light strands are connected within the trunk. To learn more about our Flip Trees, read our guide.
How Do I Store a 240-cm Christmas Tree?
Keep your artificial Christmas tree in good condition after the season with our durable storage bags. Each Balsam Hill tree comes with standard bags to keep them safe. We also offer premium rolling Christmas tree storage bags that make it easier to transport your tree.
Before storing your tree, remove all your decorations and keep them in their own containers. Then, take down each section of your tree and place them in their respective bags. Finally, choose a cool, dry place to keep your tree during the off-season.
Browse the Balsam Hill website to learn more about our range of artificial Christmas trees and decorations. For more guides and tips on Christmas trees, greenery, and seasonal décor, visit our Resource Centre.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is a 270-cm Christmas tree too big?
A 270-cm Christmas tree can be considered tall and may require a higher ceiling height and ample floor space. We recommend 270-cm Christmas trees for 300 to 430-cm ceilings.
What are the benefits of 240-455 cm artificial Christmas trees?
240-455 cm artificial Christmas trees offer a variety of benefits, including realism, convenience, and durability. They're easy to set up and take down, and they're also more cost-effective since you can use them for many years.
How long do 240-455 cm Christmas trees last?
High-quality 240-455 cm artificial Christmas trees can last for many years if used and stored properly.
Are 240-455 cm Christmas trees easy to set up?
Yes, 240-455 cm artificial Christmas trees are easy to set up. Many Balsam Hill models come pre-lit so all you have to do is plug them in to turn on the lights.
Are 240-455 cm artificial Christmas trees more affordable than real trees?
240-455 cm artificial Christmas trees are more cost-effective than real trees. They may cost more upfront, but they don't require maintenance or disposal at the end of the holiday season unlike real trees.