Christmas Ornament Sets: Glass, Metal, Fabric, and More
Turn your dream display into reality with Balsam Hill’s stunning Christmas ornaments. Keep reading to learn more about ornaments and how to decorate your tree with them.
How Do You Decorate a Tree with Christmas Ornaments?
After finding your perfect tree, the next step is to decide on a theme. Are you going for a rustic and traditional look? Look for Christmas ornaments that effortlessly blend neutrals with shades of red, green, and gold. Decorating a tree with frosted foliage? Complete your winter wonderland theme with glass Christmas ornaments and metallic accents.
Make sure to consider your display area, aside from the decorating theme. For instance, if you’re short on space, we recommend starting with Christmas trees under 180 centimetres and mini ornaments. Read more about what to consider with our Ultimate Guide to Christmas Tree Decorations.
What Should You Consider When Buying Christmas Tree Decoration Sets?
Make sure you check for the following things before buying Christmas ornament sets:
1. Christmas Tree Size
Find the ideal ratio between the number of ornaments and the size of your Christmas tree. That’s the key to have a polished seasonal display. Aside from the number of ornaments, make sure that your ornament sizes are proportional to the size of your tree.
2. Christmas Tree Shape
When shopping for Christmas ornaments, keep the shape of your tree in mind. Full trees have a wide silhouette. The lush foliage and sturdy branches can support several ornaments of different sizes. Meanwhile, sparse trees leave room for bigger ornaments in between branches. For slim trees, we recommend a lighter coverage to avoid weighing them down.
Ornaments for Christmas trees can be used more than once even if you choose different decorating themes every year. Combine various pieces or add new accents to give your display a refreshed look season after season. Many artificial Christmas tree decorations can also be repurposed. Place them in a bowl to make a festive centrepiece or shelf décor. Use them with wreaths and garlands, too.
How Do You Store Christmas Tree Ornaments?
When putting away tree décor for safekeeping, carefully place them in Balsam Hill’s storage boxes with compartments. These are designed to keep them in good condition until the next season. Make sure to place the boxes in a clean, dry storage area to protect them from the elements.
What are the Most Popular Christmas Ornaments?
Here are some of the most popular Christmas tree ornaments:
- Glass Ornaments – The most common and versatile, glass ornaments come in different shapes like balls and icicles. Glass ornaments also add a subtle shimmer to your tree when they catch the light.
- Metal Ornaments – Contemporary designs use metal and iron. Some examples are snowflakes, deer antlers, and family crests. They weigh lighter than the others, making them perfect for sparse or slim trees.
- Capiz Ornaments – Capiz shell ornaments add nature-inspired elegance to your tree décor. They are often opaque which brings a beautiful pearlescent glow to your tree. Angels, stars, and snowflakes are just some of the common shapes they come in.
- Wood Ornaments – Christmas ornaments made from wood are perfect for rustic themes. They bring a charming countryside look to any type of Christmas tree. Most DIY ornaments also use wood as the base material since it is widely accessible and can be easily hand painted.
- Fabric Ornaments – Another take on rustic ornaments, Christmas décor made with fabric often features miniature Christmas stockings, reindeers, and ice skates. Use these to add a cosy touch to your cabin or woodland-inspired theme.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the history of Christmas ornaments?
The first glass ornaments were made in Germany in the 18th century. They became a commercial success in Europe and were eventually brought over to the United States and other parts of the world.
What are the benefits of buying a Christmas ornament set from Balsam Hill?
Balsam Hill offers a variety of styles and colours, so you can find the perfect ornament set that suits your style. Plus, our sets are easy to set up and store.
How do I know which Christmas ornaments set is right for me?
Here are some things to consider when choosing Christmas ornaments: Decorating theme, Colour, Material, Size and quantity.