New Artificial Christmas Foliage
Balsam Hill is delighted to present our new Christmas wreaths and garlands. Create a stunning backdrop for memorable celebrations with our new Christmas garland and wreath selections.
How Do You Choose Artificial Wreaths and Garlands?
Measure your space to determine the size of wreath and garland to get. Here’s a quick guide to help you choose the perfect ones for your home.
How to Choose Your New Christmas Wreaths
Measure the height and width of your display area. The wreath should cover at least 50% and up to 75% of the total width without going any taller or wider than the hanging surface. Our artificial wreaths range from 45 to 80 centimetres in diameter.
For a standard 75 to 90-centimetre door, leave 15 centimetres of space on both sides of the wreath. Choose a bigger wreath for a dramatic effect but leave at least 4 centimetres of space on each side.
How to Choose Your New Christmas Garlands
Use a string, yarn, or ribbon as a placeholder. The length you end up with is the same size you need for your garland. Our artificial garlands range from 180 to 305 centimetres long and can be connected to create a longer garland.
To wrap around objects such as columns, use twice as much length as the height of the object. For a 270-centimetre column, you’ll need at least 550 centimetres of garland. For flat surfaces like door frames and mantels, allot at least 4 centimetres on each end to hang off the edge.
Can You Put Artificial Wreaths and Garlands Outside?
We recommend displaying faux greenery outside if they’re marked ‘outdoor-safe’. Balsam Hill’s outdoor-safe wreaths and garlands have a protective coating to withstand elements and preserve their beauty. To last longer, have them out for three months per year only. Read our guide on how to set up your latest Christmas garlands and wreaths, including how to hang greenery without drills or nails.
How Do You Decorate with Foliage for Christmas?
There are a variety of ways you can dress up your home with our latest Christmas wreaths and garlands. Here’s how you can bring cheer and merriment to your indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Porch and Patio – Hang wreaths of varying sizes from the ceiling using ribbons or nylon fishing lines. Attach matching garlands to door frames, railings, and columns.
- Exterior windows – Place a Christmas wreath in the centre of each window and leave 10 to 15 centimetres of space on both sides.
- Backyard – Turn your backyard into an outdoor retreat. Decorate the fences, gates, and shed with festive outdoor-safe greenery and potted trees.
- Mantel – Create a point of interest with a pre-lit wreath and matching garlands. Add flameless candles to your mantel display for a warm, inviting ambience.
- Dining room – Wake up to beautiful mornings with one of our new arrival Christmas wreaths in your breakfast nook. Then, make your dinner guests feel special with small wreaths at the back of each chair.
- Bedroom – Place a wreath on the wall above your bed and drape garlands along your bedframe for a refreshing atmosphere. Add a framed photo on the centre of the wreath for a more personal touch.
Sign up for our newsletter to be alerted on our new arrival Christmas garlands and wreaths, as well as receive notifications on our latest promotions and sales.